Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Favorite Pics

Wagon, F/2.8, 1/80. 2/10/12, 12:20. I added a lot of saturation to the reds, sharpened the image and changed the levels to get more light in the back of the shed.
School House Frills, F/4.0, 1/60, 2/10/12, 2:12. I simply made this image Black and white.

Point of view, F/2.8, 1/500, 2/10/12, Hotel. Now this was an interesting shot. I was playing with some setting that I had not noticed before on my camera and I came across Toy Camera, It gave a halo affect to what I was shooting. So although the room was pretty bright, my ISO was set at 100 It made only the window and that circle in front of it have light. For editing I tried adding a little more color out the window and changing the temp to make things a little warmer.

Touch of Sepia, F/2.8, 1/500, 2/10/12, 2:41. I was in a hurry because my early ride home was about to leave so I very quickly ran into the store and shot some glass shots that caught my eye. For editing I wanted only a small amount of color in these bottles so that each would be defined.

Light in the window, F/6.3, 1/60, Hotel 2:22. This is one of the props that I brought along to play with. DI only a dollar fifty, it is now part of my decor in my apartment. I edited this shot in camera raw and added more yellows and orange saturation  to bring out the brass and the similar color found in the underlying wood. 

Gemstone, F/4.0, 1/640, Store 2:53. I added a lot of saturation, added more contrast and sharpness and turned the temperature a little warmer.


Ghostly Fun, F/2.5, 1/125, Hotel 2:30. I changed the shadows to a blue while keeping the highlights yellow. I wanted this picture to be other worldly. With the softened shadows I think it works.

Valentine, F/5.0,1/80, 12:27. This is my favorite shot of all my shots. I love these handles and this was just a quick Oh I like that shot. The red saturation was turned up and the temperature warmed up as well.

Batten down the latches, F/7.1, 1/80, House 12:16. I kept hearing how cool the shutters on this house were but it was really the latches that caught my eye. The rust on them were just so interesting to me for some reason. I sharpened the picture, and upped the red and orange saturation.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie you have some really good shoots. I really like the point of view & the button down shoot.
    One recommendation that I have is to be careful about your blown out areas. they really still the show. Good job on your HDR I really like the House/School shoot.

    ReplyDelete